Christmas Brunch: Cranberry Orange Baked Ricotta

Sensationally Seasonal
Wed, 18 Dec 2013 16:40:33 +0000
Cranberry Orange Baked Ricotta makes an easy addition to Christmas morning brunch. Lightly sweet and tart, this festive dish is easy to make ahead and will wow any crowd.<br /><br />You know how turkey steals the show on Thanksgiving? There’s so much fuss and talk about how to make the turkey. Do you brine it, dry rub it, roast it, fry it, cover it in hot sauce, or stuff it with other poultry? That’s how it is with Christmas. The cookies and Christmas dinner itself tends to steals the show. Everyone forgets about the other all important Christmas Day meal: Christmas Brunch.<br /><br />Cranberry Orange Baked Ricotta. An easy make ahead Christmas brunch recipe.<br /><br />When I was a kid, Christmas brunch was almost as big of a deal as Christmas dinner was and let me tell you, that’s saying something when you had a turkey, ham, and a lasagna on Christmas. When we were younger, Christmas brunch was just as epic. Normally we had waffles, eggs, bacon, pork roll, biscuits, fruit, the works.<br /><br />Cranberry Orange Baked Ricotta. An easy make ahead Christmas brunch recipe. And it’s guilt free and good for you too!<br /><br />My mom and my aunt, who had been up since well before the sun came up with 3 very obnoxious adorable children who couldn’t wait to see what Santa left under the tree would turn this gigantic meal out. And they would do so all while being able to carry on a conversation.<br /><br />Cranberry Orange Baked Ricotta.<br /><br />Meanwhile, once the flurry of wrapping paper had ended and us kids were busy trying to figure out how to install batteries in our new toys, my Nana would sit in a silent stupor, drinking her coffee and muttering how she couldn’t wait for the 3 of us to be old enough not to wake everyone at 4 am in a frenzy of Santa induced excitement.<br /><br />Cranberry Orange Baked Ricotta.<br /><br />Now that I am older, I definitely take after my Nana. Don’t speak to me until at least 10 am. I might growl at you instead of speak to you in sentences. There is nothing I loathe more than an early morning. So the thought of turning out a Christmas brunch that requires me to be functionally thinking adult makes me shudder.<br /><br />Cranberry Orange Baked Ricotta<br /><br />So instead of stress and make a big brunch the morning of, I make lots of make ahead things. You know that I can do much more functionally at 11 pm instead of 7 am that keep Christmas brunch feeling festive and me looking like the kitchen savvy, holiday lovin’ girl that I claim to be.<br /><br />Cranberry Orange Baked Ricotta.<br /><br />This Cranberry Orange Baked Ricotta will not fail. It’s easy and it is one of those recipes that tastes best if it is made ahead of time. Also, it tastes totally decadent- it’s basically a cheesecake but for breakfast- but it’s guilt free so you can start your Christmas morning off right, or you know, just have a Christmas cookie or five for dessert after brunch. Your call.<br /><br />Ingredients<br /><br />How to Make:<br /><br />Baked ricotta before it is turned out.<br /><br />Turned out baked ricotta, just waiting for the cranberry topping.<br /><br />Cranberry Orange Baked Ricotta<br /><br />Looking for other fabulous brunch recipes fit for Christmas morning? Try any of these:<br /><br />Crock Pot Skinny Caramel Apple Pie Oats<br /><br />Crock Pot Skinny Caramel Apple Pie Oats. Healthy, easy, yummy, can be gluten free and vegan.<br /><br />Baked Basil Egg Muffins with Pesto Sauce<br /><br />Baked Basil Eggs with Pesto<br /><br />Cannoli Crepes<br /><br />Cannoli crepe with homemade whipped cream, mascarpone cheese filling, and chocolate chips.<br /><br />Coconut Crusted French Toast<br /><br />Coconut Crusted Stuffed French Toast<br /><br />Triple Cheese Souffles<br /><br />Triple Cheese Souffle<br /><br />The post Christmas Brunch: Cranberry Orange Baked Ricotta appeared first on Sensationally Seasonal.