DIY Ultra Moisturizing Hair and Face Mask

Bespangled Jewelry
Tue, 12 Nov 2013 00:51:33 +0000
I've been doing a lot of research lately on DIY hair and facial treatments, trying to find easy recipes that will yield good results. (Yes, I have become slightly more vain of late as my wedding date nears; only 4 months...eeek!) I found lots of great recipes for each, but in an effort to remain frugal with both money and time as well as 100% natural & chemical free, I wanted to see if I could come up with a recipe that would work for BOTH my hair and my face to have me looking so shiny and smooth that people will think to themselves, "Oh my, she's too YOUNG to be getting married. For shame!" (Heheheh. I'm 35 :) I researched lots of ingredients that kept popping up and built this concoction based on maximum effect for both applications with the fewest number of ingredients and minimum effort. I decided on Avocado Oil instead of the actual fruit for having so many benefits for both skin and hair but longer lasting (for storage purposes) and without the lumpy consistency of guacamole. I have been using this recipe regularly for 3 and a half months now, and am confident that both my hair and skin have proven it worthy of being shared! How to Make Your Own Ultra - Moisturizing Hair and Face Mask INGREDIENTS: • 2 TBSP Organic Avocado Oil • 1/2 cup Homemade Mayonnaise* (see recipe below) or Organic Mayonnaise • 1 TBSP Organic Raw Honey To Make Homemade Mayonnaise: Mix one organic (preferably pasteurized) egg yolk with 1/2 cup organic olive oil in a bowl and whisk until it looks like mayonnaise!  *Note: This homemade mayonnaise recipe is meant for beauty recipes so it won't have much of a flavor at all. You'd need to add a few more ingredients to make this actually taste like the mayo we all know :) Read more »

Comments