Easy Prawn Biryani / Jhinga Biryani

Indian Kitchen
Tue, 15 Jul 2014 06:23:28 +0000
Easy Prawn Biryani / Jhinga Biryani Prawn Biriyani, an easy method which doesn't require much grinding and very light to stomach. We are a big fan of south indian style biryani and i always make sure that whatever biriyani i prepare, it should be very light but still aromatic. Everyone has got their own style of preparing Biryani. My mom prefers to prepare strong Biryani loaded with too much masala. You can try this method to prepare Mutton / Chicken Biryani. I have used homemade Punjabi Garam Masala which makes it more aromatic. I tried many store bought masala but never got satisfied with its taste. Lets check the recipe, Serves 3 Preparation time : 20 mins Cooking time : 20-25 mins Ingredients : 250 gms Prawn - Cleaned & Marinated with 1/2 tsp turmeric powder 1 and 1/4 cup Basmati Rice - soaked in water for 20 mins 3 onions- finely chopped 2 tomatoes - finely chopped 1 tsp red chili powder 1 tsp garam masala (or) biryani masala powder salt to taste 3-4 cloves 1 bay leaf To Grind : 1 cup mint leaves 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste   Method : Marinate prawn with turmeric powder and keep aside for 15 mins. Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a pan or handi. Tamper cloves and bay leaf. Add chopped onions and fry for a min on low flame. Add chopped tomatoes and mash the pulp. Add ground paste and marinated prawns. Stir well. Add red chili powder, garam masala and little salt. Add 1/2 cup water and cook it covered for 10 mins. Wash and drain the rice. Keep it aside. Once prawn cooks, add 3-4 cup water and allow to boil. Add rice and salt to taste. Sprinkle lemon juice if needed.  Cook it covered on low-medium flame for 8-10 mins. I always keep the biryani on dum for 10 more mins. It is optional. Serve biryani with onion raita and any non-veg gravy.

Comments