Food Network to Launch ‘Triple D Nation,’ ‘Ultimate Summer Cook-Off,’ and More New Shows

Eater
Here’s a rundown of all the shows that are hitting the cable network soon<br /><br />Over the next several weeks, the Food Network and its TV sibling the Cooking Channel will be launching four new series focusing on the types of foods people tend to like to eat during the summertime. One of the new shows is a cooking competition, two are travel shows in the vein of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, and another is an actual spinoff of Triple D. Here’s what’s coming up:<br /><br />In other summertime food TV programming news: Chopped: Grill Masters will return for a new season on July 31 at 9 p.m.; Olympian buddies Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski are the hosts of a new baking competition called Wedding Cake Championship; new episodes of food blogger Molly Yeh’s new show Girl Meets Farm are airing on Sundays throughout July; the new season of the Alton Brown-narrated competition Ridiculous Cakes premiered yesterday; and Season 9 of Great Food Truck Race will kick off on Thursday, July 26 at 9 p.m.<br /><br />And in even further food TV news, Eater’s collaboration with PBS, No Passport Required, premieres this evening at 9 p.m. Every episode of this new Marcus Samuelsson-hosted show, which celebrates immigrant food traditions throughout America, will be available to stream on PBS.com and right here on Eater.<br /><br />• All Food TV Coverage [E]

Tue, 10 Jul 2018 16:25:23 +0000