Gluten Free Fried Rice: Skip the Takeout!

Food Fanatic
Wed, 23 Jul 2014 13:55:53 +0000
When you begin the gluten free journey, you immediately realize that some of your favorite foods are no longer safe to eat. One of my favorites is Asian food. The majority of these foods use gluten in the soy sauce, not to mention the breading for the meats as well.<br /><br />It was a sad day when I realized that I could not longer enjoy that delicious food from local take out restaurants. There is just something about take out from there, with the little white boxes and chopsticks, that makes my heart happy. Instead though, I have learned over the years that it is very simple to make many of these foods at home, and better for you too!<br /><br />The main dish I love is fried rice, so at home I have learned to simply switch up the soy sauce to a gluten free version, then I can make that delicious fried rice at home. I’m fairly certain it is probably better for you that way too. This way you can actually control what goes into this wonderful meal.<br /><br />I make fried rice frequently for our at home date nights, and I love to mix up the protein in it including chicken, steak, and pork. Although we have chicken fried rice frequently, we also enjoy pork fried rice.<br /><br />We had extra pork on hand that needed to be used up, so I decided to mix up the fried rice recipe to add pork instead. It is amazing how that little change in meat can give this recipe a whole new flavor.<br /><br />This is perfect paired with Mongolian beef, sweet and sour chicken, or teriyaki meatballs. I would just go all out and make a whole array of foods for your Asian-style dinner night. Adding an edamame salad as your starter is the way to go!

Comments