Karamani vadai recipe | Lobia vada | Karamani recipes

Rak's Kitchen
Tue, 17 May 2016 09:08:43 +0000
Karamani / Lobia / black eyed beas made as a delicious evening snack – vadai (fritters) just the way you make masala vada. I had a request to post karamani recipes from one of my regular, loyal follower of my blog. She is a very thoughtful reader, showing her support to my blog too always. So gifted to get such readers just through this blog. I am posting very late, but better be late than never right?  So, found this one very tempting and tried. You can keep it simple just by following the same way you make masala vada, replacing chana dal with karamani. You can check my karamani kuzhambu and karamani sundal. Check out my Vazhai poo vadai, Keera vadai, Masala vadai, Cabbage vadai , Thavala vadai  How to make karamani vadai full video Karamani vadai recipe Recipe Cuisine: Indian  |  Recipe Category: Snack Prep Time: 5 hrs soaking time + 20 minutes  |  Cook time: 20 mins   |  Makes: 12 Click here for cup measurements Ingredients Black eyed peas / Karamani – 1 cup Onion – 2 Salt – as needed Cumin seeds / Fennel seeds – 1 tsp Mint leaves & coriander leaves, chopped finely – 2 tbsp Curry leaves – 1 sprig Oil to deep fry Green chilli – 4 Garlic – 5 flakes Ginger – 1 inch piece Cinnamon – 1 small piece Cardamom – 1 Clove – 1 * You can replace ginger, garlic with ginger garlic paste 1 tsp and cinnamon, cardamom, clove with 3/4 tsp garam masala powder Method Soak karamani for min 5 hrs. Grind green chilli, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, clove, cardamom, salt to a fine paste in a mixer smoothly with very little water or no water. Add completely drained karamani in two batches to the blender and grind coarsely. Add finely chopped onion, cumin seeds, coriander, mint leaves and mix well. Heat oil in kadai and make flat patties / vadas and deep fry in hot oil. Put the flame to medium while it gets cooked. Flip and cook in high flame again and cook until golden. Drain over paper towel. Notes As I have mentioned, You can replace ginger, garlic with ginger garlic paste 1 tsp and cinnamon, cardamom, clove with 3/4 tsp garam masala powder. Green chilli can be replaced with red chilli. I added 1 onion first, but later added one more and found more onion = more tastier. Because you need to suppress the karamani smell.  Do not make too thick vada as it may stay uncooked in the middle. Also make sure to grind coarsely. Depending on the size you make, the number also will vary.  Serve hot as such or with a simple coconut chutney, wonderful tea/ coffee time snack!