Kung Pao Chicken, Kung Po Chicken, Gong Bao Chicken

Desirable Recipes
Sat, 11 Feb 2017 06:00:00 +0000
Kung Pao Chicken / Kung Po Chicken / Gong Bao Chicken No joke, this dish is listed in Wikipedia. Some named it Kung Pao Chicken, Kung Po Chicken, Gong Bao Chicken and etc. Click here to know more details about this dish. Thanks to Haslina Abdul Majid, my new found friend sharing this recipe in FB. When I saw the video, it seemed so easy to cook and I told myself that I need to  challenge myself to cook this dish. Our family has been ordering this dish whenever we eat outside but I never tried it myself to cook it, maybe scared of failure (LOL).  This dish is very flavourful but the end verdict by my family and I are as follows :- "don't like the taste of the Szechuan Peppercorn (added too much?)". Next try, will omit the Szezhuan Peppercorn. Ingredients :-  2 whole skinless leg Chicken (trim the fat, deboned and sliced into pieces). 1/2 handful of Spring Onion (clean and cut roughly). 10 pieces of Dried Chills (soak with water and deseed). 1 tbsp chopped Garlic. 1 tbsp chopped Ginger. 1/2 tbsp Szechuan Peppercorn. Marinade the chicken with 2 tsp dark soya sauce, 2 tsp shaoxing wine, 2 tsp corn starch and 1/4 tsp pepper for 30 minutes. Prepare the sauce for cooking and set aside - 1 tsp dark soya sauce, 1 tbsp soya sauce, 1 tbsp black vinegar, 1 tbsp sugar, 1/2 cube chicken stock. Mix 1 tbsp of the cooking oil into the marinated chicken and stir well. Heat up 1 tbsp of cooking oil and cook until 3/4 cooked and dish out. Add some cooking oil and heat it up. Add  garlic, ginger, szechuan peppercorn, dried chilli and fry until the aroma surfaced. Add the 3/4 cooked chicken and spring onion and stir fry until cooked. Even though we don't like the taste of the Szechuan Peppercorn, we still finished this dish. Instead of eating with rice, you can eat with steamed plain pau :)

Comments