Light Lemon-Dill Rice

a Love a fare
Thu, 12 Jun 2014 11:30:42 +0000
This lemon-dill rice makes a quick and easy side for whatever your weeknight has in store.  I write this while listening to early jazz on Pandora. I ran behind a lot today and felt as if there wasn’t enough time to get anything done. I need  to just unwind for a few minutes. Here’s the deal, I like free radio. My music choices run the gamut from Wolfgang Gartner for working out to the Beatles, and everything in between. I come from a time when television was free. Yes, it was FREE. We are sort of living in a time warp over here. We don’t have DVR or gasp NBC Sports. I will stop here and take a deep breath.  Meanwhile, dinner needs to be made. What am I going to pull together quick? This side dish fits right in. OK, I’m good. I’ve got it covered. I put my seven ingredients together and boom I’m ready with a side dish. I served this with a tuna burger. Perfect accompaniment.  Along with the enjoyment I get out of free radio I relish finding cool stuff when I thrift store shop. Aren’t these adorable? Yes, I posed them kissing.  You will want to add this quick and easy side dish to your weeknight menu.  Serves 3-5 Ingredients 1/2 tablespoon olive oil 2 (8.8-ounce) packages natural whole grain ready rice 1/8 teaspoon onion powder 1/3 cup water 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill Directions To a medium pan add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Heat pan on medium-high heat 1-2 minutes. Add all ingredients, stir to combine and heat through about 5 minutes. Serve with tuna burgers.  The recipe I used for tuna burgers is from Can You Stay For Dinner. I’ve used it before HERE in my post from two years ago.

Comments