Methi Pulao/Rice (Green Fenugreek Rice-Pulao)

Cook And Share
Mon, 2 Jun 2014 11:13:00 +0000
Methi Pulao/Rice (Green Fresh Fenugreek Rice - Pulao) is much liked in my family and believe me its very quick and simple to prepare. I serve this with cucumber raita and fried papad. So here it goes... Methi Pulao/Rice (Green Fenugreek Rice-Pulao)Serves: 3 Total Time: 30 minutes Ingredients: 1) For Boiling Rice: 1 1/3 cup Basmati Rice wash and soaked for 30 minutes in water 4 tbsp grated dry coconut .i.e bura (can use fresh too, or can use coconut milk 1/2 cup) 1 bay leaf 2 green cardamom whole 2 black cloves whole water for boiling 2) Other Ingredients In Pulao/Rice 1 tsp Olive oil (Or any Vegetable oil) 1 tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter) 1 tsp Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds Pinch of Asafoetida powder 1 bay leaf 2 whole black peper Half Bunch of Fresh Methi about 2 cup chopped Fresh Methi leaves 2 Onion Sliced (1 large & 1 medium) 2 Tomatoes small chopped (1 large & 1 small) 1 1/2  tsp Ginger Paste-Garlic Paste 1 tsp Green chilly paste 1 tsp Cumin Powder 1 tsp Coriander Powder 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder 1 tsp Red Chilly Powder 1/2 tsp Fennel Powder (Saunf) Salt to taste 3) Garnishing Few Cashew nuts cut in to pieces and fried Recipe: In a Pan, Boil rice in water with green Cardamom, Bay leaf, black whole Clove, and grated dry coconut. Once done, allow it cool completely. So here, Coconut rice is ready. Mean while lets start working with other Ingredients. In a Large wok or Kadai, heat oil and Ghee, add cumin and Mustard seeds, as soon as it splutters add asafoetida powder, bay leaf, whole black pepper and sliced onion with pinch of salt.  Saute all until onions are soft and translucent.  Add Ginger-Garlic paste, Green Chilly Paste, Fresh chopped Methi leaves and chopped Tomato. Stir all and mix well until methi becomes soft and is cooked. One by one add all spice powder mentioned above (Cumin, Coriander, turmeric, red chilly, fennel powder and salt to taste). Stir all for a minutes.  Now fold boiled and cooled coconut rice in kadai mixture. Mix all properly, until rice is nicely coated with the kadai mixture. Remove in serving bowl, garnish it with fried cashew nuts. Serve hot with Fresh Cucumber Raita and Fried Papad. Here it is done -a simple Methi Pulao/Rice. [For Cucumber Raita: 2 cup Beaten dahi/Yogurt, 1 cup grated cucumber, salt to taste, roasted cumin powder 1 tsp]   Enjoy your meal...:)