Mushroom matar recipe | Mushroom matar masala

Rak's Kitchen
Tue, 10 Feb 2015 12:31:12 +0000
Yes, yes, yes! I finally made a dish at home with mushrooms ! I have made once, few years back, but I totally spoilt the dish. My milk in the gravy broke and the gravy was not at all looking or tasting nice making it worse with the mushrooms. That too I made it to someone who visited us. After that I never dared to buy or try mushrooms at home as my family also never eat mushrooms. I eat mushrooms in the pizza or if it is in any of the dish along with other vegetables. But buying and cooking at home, never! As I don’t even know how to handle it and I didn’t like to even touch it. An incidents in which I tasted in restaurants due to compulsion of my friend, made it worse. The piece of mushroom I put in my  mouth was spoilt and you know how an old mushroom would smell. Terrible. Now again Sangeeta showed me a mushroom matar which I though I should try and see for one last time. I bought mushrooms and first I tried fried rice with it. It was eaten by both Vj and Aj, but I am not sure if they had it since I made it. But with the rest of the mushrooms, I made this gravy today and Aj loved it with jeera rice and dal palak. He said he will eat again but with one condition, only with rice, not with roti. Anyways I was happy that I could make a recipe with mushroom and made him eat too. Thank you for the cute towel, plate Sharmi ;) Mushroom matar masala recipe Recipe Cuisine: Indian  |  Recipe Category: Side dish Prep Time: 15 mins    |  Cook time: 25 mins    |  Serves: 3 Ingredients Mushroom  8  Green peas, I used fresh  1/2 cup  Tomato  3, large  green chilli  2  Ginger garlic paste  1 tsp  Red chilli powder  3/4 tsp  Coriander seeds powder  1 tsp  Garam masala powder  3/4 tsp  Turmeric  1/4 tsp  Cream  1/4 cup  Milk  1/2 cup  Coriander leaves, chopped  3 tblsp  Kasoori methi  1 tblsp  Salt  As needed    To temper Oil 2 tblsp Cardamom 1 Cloves 1 Cinnamon 1/2 inch piece Cumin seeds / Jeera 1 tsp   Method Cube the tomatoes roughly and grind it to make it as a puree along with green chillies.  I recommend buying white button mushrooms. In a kadai, heat oil, temper with the items given under ‘To temper’ table. When jeera splutters, add the tomato puree, ginger garlic paste, mix well and fry covered for 5 minutes. It will splutter a lot, so better cover it. Then add red chilli, coriander, turmeric powders, kasoori methi and salt and mix well. Fry for another 4 minutes or until oil separates. Add green peas and little water, cook covered for 2 minutes or until almost done. Meanwhile you can cut the mushrooms. I removed the stem and the black part under the mushroom, but its optional, you can just quarter the mushroom into four. Add the mushrooms to the masala and 1/2 cup water. Simmer for  minutes. The mushroom should get cooked. Add garam masala at this stage and mix well.  Add cream slowly while mixing in low flame. Add another 1/2 cup water and let it cook for a minute. Add milk and more water to this and keep in low flame. Never ever put the flame in high at any point after adding cream and milk. Also you have to add gradually while you mix.  After 2-3 minutes, add coriander leaves and switch off the flame.   Notes Always use fresh mushrooms, cook the same day as you buy to avoid stinky mushrooms. The gravy can be made no onion no garlic by skipping the ginger garlic paste. You can grind ginger along with tomatoes in that case. This gravy is very tangy, so make sure you add cream and milk. If  you do not have cream, you can also add lots of milk to balance the tanginess. Serve with any mild pulao. We had with jeera rice. Technorati Tags: musroom matar,mushroom masala,mushroom recipes,mushroom rakskitchen,mushroom raks,mushroom recipes rak's kitchen,mushroom masala rakskitchen