Papdi chat - Papdi Chaat - Paapri chaat - Snack recipes

Great-secret-of-life
Wed, 23 Jul 2014 11:36:46 +0000
I love chaats.. Anytime / anyday or in any form. Doesn't matter boiled or fried or steamed or stir fry or shallow fried ... Ok Ok I think you got it. Even though I do this chat very often I didn't get chance to post till now for some reason. Some time I make Papdi during weekend so that I can make chaat for the weekdays. But before I get to do Papdi chaat they disappear. This is perfect starter or snack. It is called in many names Papri Chaat, Paapri Chaat or Papdi Chaat  Ingredients: For Papdi All purpose flour - 1 cup Ajwain / omam - 2 pinches Oil - 2 tablespoon Salt to taste Oil for deep frying Water to make the dough For Chat Cooked potatoes - 1.5 to 2 (cube them into small pieces) Omapodi - 3-4 tablespoon Coriander leaves - 1 tablespoon (finely chopped) Yogurt - 1/2 cup Tomatoes - 2 tablespoon (finely chopped) Sweet chutney - 3-4 tablespoon Green chutney - 1-2 tablesoon Method: In a broader vessel take flour, oil/ghee, ajwain and salt well and then add water to make a stiff dough. Keep it covered for 30 mins When ready knead the dough again into smooth dough. Take a lemon size ball and rollout into thin chapathi. Prick with fork. This avoid the puffing up of the dough while frying. Cut them into smaller circles with any lid or cookie cutter. Repeat the process and prepare the papdi. Heat the oil in the deep curved pan. When the oil is hot fry the papdis till they are in golden brown color. Drain the oil and leave them on kitchen tissue paper for draining extra oil. You can pre prepare this and store it in air tight container. Now let's start assemble the chat Arrange the papdi in the serving plate. Add boiled potatoes, Tomatoes, yogurt. Sprinkle green chutney and sweet chutney. Sprinkle chilli powder and chat masala.  Finally decorate with oma podi Serve immediately. I prefer arrange it and serve immediately

Comments