Potato Murukku recipe | Instant murukku recipe | Diwali snacks recipes

Jeyashris kitchen
Thu, 27 Oct 2016 01:25:11 +0000
Potato murukku recipe with Video Potato murukku recipe | Instant murukku  is an easy snack made with potato and rice flour as the main ingredients. For working women or bachelors who are looking for instant murukku recipe to make it in the last minute,try out this easy potato murukku recipe. Also people who live in places where you do not get chutney dal or urad dal or besan to make instant murukku, you can try this potato chakli. I have given this potato murukku for Aval kitchen, Diwali speical last year and got published under 10 murukku recipes. I have bookmarked this recipe from here long ago, and it turned out very well. I loved the flavour of the murukku and kids loved it too. Try out this easy murukku recipe for diwali. For jains who want to try this murukku, you can replace potato with raw banana | Vazhakkai. My mami does this version and it will come out quite crispy and tasty too. Also check out my aloo bhujia and potato chivda recipe Potato Murukku  Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 30 Mins |Makes: 14 murukku approx      Rice flour | Idiyappam flour  1 cup      Mashed potato   1/4 cup + 2 tblsp      Cumin seeds   1/2 tsp      Butter   1 tblsp      Hot oil   2 tsp      Salt  as needed      Red chili powder   1 tsp      Oil    for deep frying                                           Video of potato murukku                      Method: In a wide bowl add the rice flour or idiyappam flour and add the mashed potato.  For mashed potato cook the potato in pressure cooker for 6-7 whistles. Peel the skin and mash it with a fork.  I used a medium sized potato for this. Add salt, red chili powder, asafoetida and cumin seeds to this.  Add melted butter and 2 tsp of hot oil to this.  Mix this well with hands and take out any lumps in the potato. Else it will get struck while pressing in the murukku press. Add water little by little and make it into a soft dough. Keep it covered all the time.  I used the thenkuzhal achu for making this potato murukku. Heat oil for deep frying. When it is hot bring it to medium flame.  Squeeze the murukku directly to the oil. Once one side is cooked flip the murukkus. Do not flip when it not cooked on one side. This will be very soft and break , and will not hold shape. Once it is cooked on both sides and the oil sound subsides . Take out from oil and drain in a kitchen towel. Repeat this for the rest of the dough. Crispy potato murukku is ready. Store this in a airtight container. Notes: Add red chili powder more if you want it more spicy. You can add omam| ajwain instead of cumin seeds. Mash the potatoes nicely before adding to flour, else it will get struck while pressing in the murukku press. If the murukku is breaking in the oil and doesn't hold shape, the dough may be too dry. Sprinkle little water to the muruku dough and knead well. Keep the dough covered all the time. If making in bulk quantity, make dough in batches. You can add pepper powder also instead of red chili powder.  Technorati Tags: potato murukku,easy potato murukku,how to make potato chakli,instant murukku recipe,jeyashriskitchen diwali snacks,diwali recipes,diwali 2016 recipes,potato recipes,indian snacks,murukku recipes