Roast Chicken Thighs & Broccolini in 23 Minutes

The Naptime Chef
Thu, 5 Jan 2017 12:00:50 +0000
January is the season of resolutions and I am no different. It’s time to cut back on the sugar and pasta and focus on the healthy, lighter fare. Last fall I went to Napa Valley to attend the media reveal of the Panasonic Countertop Induction Oven. It was a wonderful trip and I really enjoyed learning more about oven and its many features. I’ve been using it a lot since I received mine and it has truly made my cooking life easier than ever. I can roast, bake, and reheat in a fraction of the time I can do any of those things in my regular oven!<br /><br />In the spirit of resolutions, this week I am thrilled to share an easy, healthy chicken and vegetable dish that is a snap to make in the oven. You can make it in your regular oven too, but I can guarantee that this takes less time and tastes just as amazing!<br /><br />The key to making this dish is seasoning the chicken well. It cooks so quickly that the seasoning doesn’t get a lot of time to penetrate the meat. For that reason I slash the chicken a few times to help it absorb all the flavors. Then, instead of laboring over preheating the oven and timing everything just right, I start up the CIO! The meat and broccolini are arranged on the tray and then I use the pre-set Poultry & Vegetable setting and dinner is ready in just 23 minutes. I am always so impressed at how well it browns the meat and cooks the vegetables to the perfect level of doneness.<br /><br />Perfectly done after 23 minutes.<br /><br />We love this simple meal and the many variations you can make on it. For a bone-in split chicken breast the cooking time is a little longer, as it might be with thicker vegetables like potatoes. But it is so easy to add a few minutes to the cook time it hardly matters, just use the cut of chicken and vegetables you want and you can’t go wrong. I’ll keep posting recipes on the blog from time to time but you will be seriously amazed at how user-friendly this appliance is for every meal, and even for baking. It is one of the best things that ever happened to my kitchen! If you want to try this oven for yourself it is available online at Williams-Sonoma, Bed Bath & Beyond, Amazon and Panasonic.<br /><br />(Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Panasonic. The opinions and photographs are wholly my own. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that support The Naptime Chef.)<br /><br />Ingredients<br /><br />Instructions<br /><br />The post Roast Chicken Thighs & Broccolini in 23 Minutes appeared first on The Naptime Chef.