Roasted Beet Salad with Blue Cheese and Pistachio #BrunchWeek

Healthy. Delicious
Wed, 7 May 2014 11:00:00 +0000
Thanks so much for stopping by for another Brunch Week recipe! This week (May 5th-10th), we’re sharing great brunch recipes in preparation for Mother’s Day and the summer brunching season. Terri of Love and Confections and Susan of The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen have done a great job organizing everything and lined up some amazing sponsors for a completely awesome giveaway – you can read more about that here.<br /><br /> I love it when I can “trick” Shawn into enjoying whole grains. He’s convinced that he doesn’t like them, but he really does! He was on board with this roasted beet salad at first, but got a little leery when I said I was thinking about adding some farro to help bulk it up and add more texture. But then he tasted a piece of cheese with a pistachio and noted that the combination of flavors was “pretty cool.” I could tell he was warming up to the idea when he served himself up a huge helping. He took one bite and said, “I like it!”<br /><br />Which was good, because I liked it too. A lot.<br /><br />You might expect something with these ingredients – beets, farro, blue cheese, nuts – to be earthy and funky, but the lemon and shallot dressing makes it surprisingly light and spring-like. It’s also really versatile: eat it as it on alongside an omelet for brunch, spoon it over some baby spinach to make an entree salad, or stuff it into a whole wheat pita for a heartier meal.<br /><br />Brunch Beverages:<br /><br />Raspberry-Mango Batido from Foxes Love Lemons<br /><br />Blackberry Mimosas from Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine<br /><br /> <br /><br />Brunch Egg Dishes:<br /><br />Spinach Bell Pepper Frittata from That Skinny Chick Can Bake<br /><br />Corn Souffle from Hungry Couple<br /><br />Croque Madame Muffins from Cooking in Stilettos<br /><br />Fajita Vegetable Quesadillas with Eggs and Avocado Hollandaise from Sarcastic Cooking<br /><br />Bacon, Cheddar, Zucchini Quiche from The Kitchen Prep<br /><br /> <br /><br />Brunch Breads and Grains:<br /><br />Blueberry Cornmeal Waffles from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen<br /><br />Busy Bee’s Granola from Culinary Adventures with Camilla<br /><br />Chocolate Dipped Banana Hazelnut Pancake Kebabs from Food Faith Fitness<br /><br />Springtime Sweet Rolls from Eat Your Heart Out<br /><br />10 Minute English Muffin Cream Cheese Danish from Neighborfood<br /><br />Lemon Poppyseed Scones from Real Housemoms<br /><br />Apple Croissants from Hip Foodie Mom<br /><br />Vanilla Chai Quick Bread from Savvy Eats<br /><br />Fig and Oatmeal Breakfast Bar from My Catholic Kitchen<br /><br />Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins from Jen’s Favorite Cookies<br /><br /> <br /><br />Brunch Fruits, Vegetables, Sides:<br /><br />Roasted Beet Salad with Pistachios and Blue Cheese from Healthy. Delicious.<br /><br />Caramelized Onion, Apple and Gruyere Bites from Take a Bite out of Boca<br /><br />Savory Truffles from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner<br /><br /> <br /><br />Brunch Desserts:<br /><br />Orange Marmalade Pound Cake from Love and Confections<br /><br />Hazelnut-Blackberry Cottage Pudding from The Vintage Cook<br /><br />Orange Surprise Inside Pound Cake from Chelsea’s Messy Apron<br /><br />Strawberry Hazelnut Crumble with Coconut Whipped Cream from The Little Ferraro Kitchen<br /><br />Corn Fritter Shortcakes with Maple Whipped Cream from The Spiffy Cookie<br /><br />The post Roasted Beet Salad with Blue Cheese and Pistachio #BrunchWeek appeared first on Healthy. Delicious.. All rights reserved.