Shelled King Prawns with Garlic Dipping Sauce

Pop and Wok
Sun, 18 May 2014 19:44:00 +0000
Shelled King Prawns with Garlic Dipping Sauce are super fast to make (5 minutes!) and look impressive served as an appetiser.  *Watch the King Prawns with Garlic Dipping Sauce Recipe Video* Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 5 minutes Ingredients 20 raw king prawns with shell on 3 garlic cloves, crushed Spring onion, finely sliced 1 small chilli, finely sliced 1 tablespoon soy sauce Small piece of ginger, peeled and halved 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil Pinch of salt Method 1. Wash the king prawns. Bring a pot of water to the boil and add the ginger and a teaspoon of oil. Add the King Prawns and cover. The prawns take 2-3 minutes to cook. Don't overcook them or they will lose their flavour. Once the prawns are nicely pink and opaque, remove and dry on a piece of kitchen towel. 2. To make the sauce place the spring onion, chilli and crushed garlic into a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and pour over boiling hot olive oil. Take care not to burn yourself as the oil will spit. Add a tablespoon of soy sauce. 3. Serve the prawns with the sauce. This dish is a great finger food to share with family and friends, so get stuck in and enjoy!

Comments