Skinny Pumpkin Pie Muffins

Yumm Yumm Foodie
Mon, 23 Dec 2013 03:46:00 +0000
It is the holidays and if you are anything like me and love to eat, you can put on a few pounds. Pumpkin is a favorite of the season especially pumpkin desserts. Unfortunately most pumpkin desserts will make you feel guilty later. I came across a weight watcher recipe that piqued my interest (especially considering it has only 3 ingredients). This recipe is delicious but I wanted to build from that and make it my own and still be guilt free. Each muffin with a dollop of cream cheese topping is only 127 calories (without cream cheese topping 97.6 calories)!! My husband calls these muffins his little pumpkin pies. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!!! Skinny Pumpkin Pie Muffins for the cake: 1 box spice cake mix 15 oz. pure pumpkin puree  1/2 cup chunky apple sauce 1/2 cup water for the cream cheese topping 4 oz. room temperature light cream cheese 1/2 cup powdered sugar 2 tbs. heavy whipping cream 1 tsp. vanilla optional: pumpkin pie spice Preheat oven to 350. Spray regular sized muffin tray with cooking spray (I use the one that has flour in it) or line each one with liners.  In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cake mix, pumpkin, apple sauce and water until well blended. Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 of the way making sure to wipe around the edges.  Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.  While muffins bake take a medium sized mixing bowl and beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, cream, and vanilla until well blended and almost a pudding consistency.  When muffins are cool  top with a dollop of the cream cheese topping. Optional: sprinkle the top with pumpkin pie spice.  Thanks!!

Comments