Tropical Fruit Salad with Vanilla and Lime (#BrunchWeek)

Healthy. Delicious
Wed, 6 May 2015 08:30:00 +0000
Tropical fruit salad is dressed up with flecks of vanilla bean and fresh lime juice. This fruit salad is delicious on its own, or use it on top of oatmeal or in fruit and yogurt parfaits! <br /><br />Fruit salad is my go-to side dish whenever I make breakfast for dinner, which means we eat it pretty often. I usually stick with the basic combination of watermelon, cantaloupe, and grape though and, honestly, it can get a little boring.<br /><br />Inspired by the South American flavors in my chimichurri breakfast sandwich, I decided to lay aside the usual melon in favor of tropical fruit like pineapple, kiwi, and mango. To make the fruit salad extra special, I reserved the juices from the cut fruit and mixed it with lime juice and vanilla bean paste to use as a “dressing.”  The vanilla bean paste gave the fruit a delicious earthiness and a slightly floral flavor, while the lime juice toned down some of the sweetness of the pineapple and mango. Kiwi and blueberries also kept the fruit salad from being too sweet overall, and gave it a few more layers of flavor.<br /><br />I made a big batch of this tropical fruit salad and found myself snacking on it all week. Try it in a parfait with yogurt and granola or on to of oatmeal or rice pudding.<br /><br />This tropical fruit salad is my second post for Brunch Week, which is being hosted by  Terri from Love and Confections and Shaina from Take A Bite Out Of Boca. If you haven’t already, be sure to check out our huge giveaway – they lined up some very generous sponsors this year!<br /><br />(As a Brunch Week sponsor, Neilsen Massey sent me a sample of vanilla bean paste, that I used in this recipe. Stoneyfield also send coupons for yogurt that would be delicious in a parfait!)<br /><br />Come see what today’s #BrunchWeek Bloggers are creating!<br /><br />BrunchWeek Beverages: Mixed Berry Yogurt Smoothie from Taste Cook Sip Tequila Sunrise from A Day in the Life on the Farm Sparkling Pineapple Mojitos from girlichef<br /><br />BrunchWeek Egg Dishes: Baked Eggs over Maple Roasted Vegetables from Big Bear’s Wife Bacon and Egg Grilled Cheese Sandwich from Making Miracles<br /><br />BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries: 60 Minute Cinnamon Rolls from Love and Confections Chocolate and Walnut Challah from The Little Ferraro Kitchen Braided Ham and Cheddar Bread from Sarcastic Cooking Oatmeal Crème Brûlée from The Spiffy Cookie Tattie Scones with Cheddar and Chives from The Redhead Baker Chocolate Chip Flaxseed Waffles from Hip Foodie Mom Macadamia Nut Crusted French Toast from Cooking in Stilettos Double Chocolate Sweet Rolls from It Bakes Me Happy Sour Cream Streusel Coffee Cake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake Peanut Butter & Jelly Granola from Baking a Moment<br /><br />BrunchWeek Main Dishes: Harissa Chorizo Hash from greens & chocolate Smoked Salmon Canapes with Chive Cream Cheese from The Suburban Soapbox<br /><br />BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides: Kinpura Gobo from Culinary Adventures with Camilla Tropical Fruit Salad from Healthy Delicious Heirloom Carrot Rosti with Creme Fraiche and Caviar from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner Kitchen Carrot Salad from My Catholic Kitchen<br /><br />BrunchWeek Desserts: Nutty Banana Bread from Take A Bite Out Of Boca Gluten-Free Pear and Walnut Crumble from It’s Yummi Chocolate Hazelnut Croissants with Bourbon Sauce from {i love} my disorganized life<br /><br />Disclosure: A a participant in #Brunchweek, I received product samples from several of the sponsors. All opinions are my own; participating in #Brunchweek does not imply endorsement by Healthy Delicious.<br /><br />The post Tropical Fruit Salad with Vanilla and Lime (#BrunchWeek) appeared first on Healthy. Delicious.. All rights reserved.