Ugadi Recipes 2015 | Ugadi Menu

Chef and her kitchen
Thu, 19 Mar 2015 05:00:00 +0000
Ugadi festival is on the 21st of March. Ugadi is a major festival in Andhra and Karnataka as it is considered as the start of a new year.On Ugadi day, we prepare 'Ugadi Pacchadi' which is a mix of all the basic tastes 'shadruchulu'. It is a mix of tamarind juice, salt, chopped raw mango, jaggery and neem flowers and is adjusted according to our taste buds. We usually prepare either 'Holige (Obattu)' or 'Boorelu (Poornalu)' or 'Bele Kadubu' for Ugadi as the main sweet along with some kheer/payasam and other festival delicacies.At our place,the usual Ugadi menu comprises of Maavinkayi Chitranna ( Raw mango rice) ,stir fry, vada, sundal, Holige Saaru, Holige, Payasam and Rice. I am trying to give various options for Ugadi menu in every category to make your planning easy.So please go through it and celebrate the festival with more fun and food. Check here to find out how to make Ugadi  Pacchadi for Ugadi. Traditional Sweet Varieties: Hoornada Holige/Obbattu Halu Holige | Paal Poori | Paala Obabttu  Boorelu | Sukkinunde | Suzhiyan Groundnut Holige | Shenga Holige Karida Kadubu | Kari Kudumulu | Fried Sweet Dal Dumplings Karida Kayi Kadubu | Fried Modak with Coconut stuffing Garugu Hollige/ Hollige with rice flour-coconut filling Pooran (Puran) Poli | Bobbatlu Sajjappa | Sojja Appalu | Halwa Poori Sundal & Stir fry varieties: Chana Dal Sundal Lobia Sundal/Alasandula Guggillu Kabuli Chana Sundal Kala Chana Sundal/Black Chickpeas Sundal Peanut sundal Sweet corn Sundal  Mixed Bean Sundal  Kosambari | Moong dal Salad  Beans Stir fry Beans-carrot Palya Raw Banana Stir fry Vada/Snack varieties: Alasandula(Lobia) Vada/Fritters Aratikaya(Raw Banana)  Bajji Punugulu/Dosa Batter Fritters Masala Vada/Chana dal Vada Medu Vada Mixed Dal Ambode(Vada) Mosaru Ambode/Dahi Dal Vada Dahi Vada/Perugu Vada/Mosaru Vade Saggubiyyam Bonda/Sago Bonda Dal/Stew/Rasam Varieties(All Varieties-ONE each): Moong dal /Pesara Kattu Mamidikaya Pappu/Raw Mango Dal Kandi Vunta Majjiga Pulusu / Steamed Toor dal Dumplings Stew Holige Saaru/ Special Toor dal Rasam or Chickpeas Rasam/Senagala Kattu Lemon Rasam Tomato Rasam Tomato Dal Rasam | Pappu Chaaru  Kheer/Payasam Varieties: Korra biyyam Payasam | Foxtail Millet Kheer Mango Sheera | Mango Sooji Halwa  Moong Dal Kheer / Pesara Pappu Payasam Moong Dal Kheer - version 2 with sugar  Paal Payasam | Rice Kheer with Chana dal - using pressure cooker method Paal Payasam / Rice Milk Pudding Rava Payasam | Sooji Kheer  Rasayana | Balehannu Rasayana Sabudana(Sago) Kheer | Saggubiyyam Payasam Semiya Kesari  Semiya Kheer | Vermicelli Payasam Rice Varieties: Aava Pettina Pulihora | Tamarind Rice with Mustard flavor Chintapandu Pulihora- Andhra Style Coconut Rice Dabbakaya Pulihora/Indian Grapefruit Rice Lemon Rice/Chitrannam Mamidikaya Pulihora/Maavinkay Chitranna Methi Peas Bath | Menthya Batani Anna Pulihora/Puliyogre Raw Mango Rice/Mamidikayi Gojju Annam Vangi Bath